First thing first, what is a Google Ad? Assuming you search online using Google frequently, you must have seen the small box results promoting some products. That’s what a Google Ad is. Google is by far the most popular search engine for all online queries making it prime real estate to advertise your eCommerce business. A Google Ad is a great way for online stores to showcase their products and their brand with a direct link to the product pages. Let’s understand how it works.
How Does Google Ads work?
Google Ads works a bit differently from how traditional ads work, although the essential purpose behind it is the same. A Google Ad is charged only when someone clicks on the ad, technically known as Pay Per Click or PPC. PPC works perfectly for brands that want to make the most out of their advertising budget.
Advertisers buy Google Ad keywords and place their ads. If someone is searching on Google about that keyword, your product will show up on that page. However, if the keyword has high competition then it might get difficult for your ad to show up in the limited space. Google calls it AdRank and depending on the highest AdRank, the top paid search results are shown to the viewer.
Can I Improve My AdRank?
Yes, you can! AdRank is mainly based on a bidding system. But it doesn’t mean the spot goes to you because you are the highest bidder. The relevancy of the ad also plays an important role, which is known as the quality score. The click-through rate and keyword together contribute to the Quality score.
Setting Up Your Own Google Ad
- Create a Google account first. This is free and you can get it done from any Google product like Gmail or YouTube.
- Next, head to the Google Ads homepage and open the new campaign page.
- Follow the onboarding process, step-by-step.
- Next, you need to decide what is your purpose. What do you want to achieve with the Ad? Do you want sales or do you want to generate more traffic/visitors to your site? If you are promoting a newly launched site, then you will probably want to attract more traffic to your site.
- Google offers you a step–by–step– a guide that you will find handy, especially when you are setting up ads for the first time.
- In the next step, you need to select a campaign type depending upon your requirement.
- Finally, you need to add more details about your Google ad like the keywords, bid type, daily budget, language, locations, which sites your ads will be displayed on, etc. However, there is no clear answer to what will be best for your business. It depends on different factors including your business type.
Many Ways To Market Your Brand
Managing an eCommerce business is not easy, especially when you are staring up. You need to manage the products, inventory, shipping, along with marketing and advertising. Amidst all this chaos, you might not be able to take care of your custom shipping boxes, leaving it to plain, boring shipping boxes for deliveries.
What you might not have paid attention to is, you can use custom shipper boxes beautifully to create an exciting “unboxing” experience and make customers talk about your brand. Shipping boxes are like free canvases that can be used beautifully and creatively to translate your brand story. A custom shipping box won’t cost you a bomb and can help you get brand visibility and gain customer trust.
Arka is the place to go to get your shipping boxes customized. Arka has super-quick turnaround times and lets you design your own custom box. If you want to start slowly, Arka lets you print a minimum of ten boxes to try out different unique packaging. All the materials used are eco-friendly and made in the USA. The best thing is the flexibility. If you are not happy with any particular design, you can change it at any point of time without any extra charges. Now, that’s really cool, isn’t it?
Have a design in mind? Need help with finding a design that will work for your business? At Arka, custom shipping boxes and custom mailer boxes are really made easy. So, while you go online and market with Google Ads, don’t forget to try simple solutions like Arka!