People of all ages often feel compelled to buy a certain pair of shoes because of an excellent print ad campaign carrying a famous logo design. Your logo represents the vision of your organization that conveys your brand name and character in the marketplace. The best logos are unique, simple and strong representations of the brands they identify.
This article takes you through how to create the perfect logo design for your brand and make it stand out in the online marketplace.
Develop Your Logo Design To Fit Your Brand
Designing your logo is an important process in branding your business. Whether you do it on your own or hire professional expertise, your logo design must reflect your brand and its presence in the market.
The following information will help guide the creation of your logo for your brand:
- A description of your clientele: Look at your target clientele before starting to design your logo. For instance, are your customers male or female, urban or suburban, share common interests or of a particular age group or income level?
- Few words that you think best describe your brand and what it has to offer: For example, stylish, contemporary, casual, professional, etc.
- Samples of few logos that you like or don’t like and why you like or don’t like: Give more inputs to the designer because the more information you provide, the faster and better the process will go.
- Input regarding design, color and shape considerations: Give the designers everything they need to do the job right from the start when creativity is at its highest. This will save you money and time by arriving at a solution that reflects your brand and meets your needs without rounds of costly revisions.
Keep Your Logo Design Simple
Keeping your logo design simple, clean and functional assists your brand to stand out in a sea of visual complexity and chaos that exists in today’s busy marketplace. Simple logos stand out compared to complicated logos that can go out of style and require redesign to keep them in line with market tastes. Simple logos can also contribute more significantly to a brand’s awareness and recognition than logos that need frequent and significant updates. Famous logo designs like Nike, Google, etc. display an amazing amount of visual restraint.
To arrive at a simple design that reflects the values of your brand, let your creativity flow and start by brainstorming many different designs. Try out a few of the final contenders with your closest circle to get their feedback.
Choose The Design Ingredients Wisely for a Perfect Logo
As you go through the design process, be aware that typestyle, colors, and shapes have a bearing on the way a logo communicates.
- Choose a typestyle that matches the character of your brand. If your brand character is professional, choose a typestyle that looks professional and formal. If your brand character is casual, choose a typestyle that looks casual too. Opt for a look that can withstand the test of time.
- Establish a color scheme that differs from those used by your major competitors. People relate to the color of a brand so strongly. Choose a color scheme that is unique to your brand to avoid confusion among customers.
- Choose a color scheme that reflects your brand character. Choose colors that reflect your brand and the expectations customers have when selecting what you have to offer.
- Consider how your colors will be interpreted in other cultures or countries if your brand will be marketed internationally.
- If your logo will appear on apparel or specialty items, consider how the colors will look on different items like t-shirts, coffee mugs, uniforms or dozens of other places it may end up.
- Most logos need to work well in a horizontal configuration. Hence, ensure it can reduce down to the size it will appear on a business card. If it becomes blurry, simplify the elements so that it reads well even in minute presentations.
Design a Logo That Can Be Displayed on Everywhere
A good logo design will reproduce well in color as well as in black and white, either large or small. Choose your logo design to show well on everything from web pages, vehicle signage, video screens, apparel, and anywhere else you choose to display it. Keep your logo to one or two colors as it will lower the cost. Whatever image you decide to settle on, make sure it is scalable. Don’t fix any logo design until you know that it will look good, large or small, and in color or black and white. Use the logo to illustrate the best aspects of your products or service. If you have fixed on your business logo and don’t want others to copy it, you can register it as a trademark.
Evaluate The Logo Design: Does It Fit Brand Requirements?
Put your logo design through a preliminary test to see if they incorporate the traits of most good symbols. You can cross-check with the below pointers to ensure if your logo design fits all requirements of your brand.
- Do you think the logo makes a good impression for your business?
- Is it easy to see and remember?
- Does it work in single ink color and at a small size?
- Is it original?
Also, keep the following points in mind to avoid common pitfalls.
- Think twice before undertaking the design task yourself. If you are not sure, hire an expert who specializes in logo design.
- Don’t let the design get too fuzzy.
- Avoid clip art or ready-made images.
- Don’t be a copycat and use other logos only for inspiration.
Your logo makes the difference between a strong and weak first impression of your brand. It also makes the difference between a brand of choice and a product purchased simply for its availability or price. People form a relationship with your brand and your logo is the visual link to the positive image they hold in their minds. The information in this article will help you to create a perfect logo that will strengthen your identity and deepen the customer relationship.
Arka is the ultimate platform for you to source and design custom packaging boxes for your shipping requirements. It fulfills all your product packaging needs with zero headaches and hassles. You can check Arka's custom product boxes or retail boxes, get in touch with the team to design your perfect boxes today!