Every entrepreneur must find a way to become unique. Competition in almost every field is tough, so you must get out of the box. Studies have confirmed that nearly 90% of consumers consider authenticity important. Reaching the unique level that will make you different and better from others is possible in many ways. One of the methods we strongly support is packaging customization. But what is custom packaging, and can it boost your company's profit?
You can send the right message to your target audience with customized packages. Also, you are ensuring adequate protection of the products. Yet, the boxes you customize also must be matchable with your brand and the product itself.
This page will be a real packaging 101 guide with all information for business owners. We will explain the entire custom packaging process and the benefits you will get. So, let's go!
5 Ways Custom Packaging Benefits Your Business
Did you know that packaging design influences the purchasing decision of more than 70% of US consumers? Only that fact confirms that the decision on this move can benefit your business. But let's see in detail why packaging customization is important!
Improvement of Brand Awareness
Customized packages have the capacity to boost brand awareness. In addition, they can increase the product's value, which guarantees a better profit. As we said, the purpose of the packaging is to send the right message to your target audience. With this "tool," you can evoke people's emotions and put your brand into their subconsciousness.
When people become emotionally connected with your brand, they will start talking about you. That way, you will get word-of-mouth marketing which impacts the success of businesses. Remember that recommendations strongly influence the purchasing decisions of nearly 75% of US consumers. Why would you waste such an opportunity?
Better Product Protection
20% of all product returns appeared due to damaged products. Product returns can cost you a lot in many ways. First, you must ensure free shipping and a reasonable return policy. That way, people will continue buying stuff from you even if they had a bad experience.
As we said when explaining what custom packaging is, the purpose of customization is to ensure good protection of your product. Beautiful design won't mean anything if you deal with many returns.
So, what can you do? You can choose from different types of boxes for packaging to find the most practical ones. Also, their shape and size should suit the product's shape and size. Ultimately, the custom boxes you use can be made of different materials. Logically, you should focus on the strongest and most durable ones.
Amazing Unboxing Experience
More than 50% of US buyers will get back to a brand if the items they ordered come in a premium package. Unboxing experience matters a lot! The customized package will make them feel special!
As we stated above, it is crucial to put your brand in the subconsciousness of the buyers. They will want to experience the same feeling once again. More importantly, they would want to share the same sense with those they love. That raises your chances to become a number one choice for gifts!
In the end, we need to return to word-of-mouth promotion. In today's era, people often want to share their emotions on social media. Be sure they will record themselves or people they want to surprise on social media and streaming platforms. You may want to check out some of the most popular unboxing videos on YouTube to see how that looks.
Opportunity To Use Eco-Friendly Materials
Direct marketing and eye-catching designs won't mean a lot if the reputation of your business isn't good. Reputation is something you build for years. When we provided the answers on "what is custom packaging," we said it is a perfect way to send some message. One of the messages that can directly improve your brand's reputation is "We support sustainability."
Latest surveys confirm that 81% of people in the USA require sustainable packages. People seem to have become aware of the issues that regular packaging is causing. Eco-friendly materials are easily customizable. You can create packages in different shapes and sizes with durable and non-harmful materials.
But, in this case, reputation should not be your only focus. You will do something good for the planet Earth. The sense of pride will be priceless. Your example may inspire others to do the same. The future generations deserve to get a greener planet!
Most of you asking "what is custom packaging" will also ask how this is a cost-saving opportunity. Indeed, customizing packages comes with a certain fee. However, it is not as high as you might think! Here are some of the reasons why entrepreneurs will save money this way:
- Entrepreneurs have the option to order larger quantities of packages. That way, the price of each package goes down. The minimum orders are also fair, which makes this offer suitable for everyone.
- The customized packages, as we said, offer a better layer of protection. That way, you will reduce the return rate and save money on fixing the issues.
- Customizing packages and adapting their shape and size will allow you to transport more products simultaneously. That way, you will reduce the shipping costs. Plus, you will have enough space to offer a better price.
Factors To Consider When Customizing Packages
After giving answers on what custom packaging is and which benefits you can get, we must cover another topic. Entrepreneurs must put into consideration a few factors when customizing packages. They are:
- Determine the message you want to send: Everything starts with a message you plan to send. Based on your goals, you will manage to customize the packaging in the best possible way.
- Price: Custom packaging does come with certain fees. However, they are not as high as you think. You should research different manufacturing companies to find the most affordable options.
- Packaging materials: No one says you have to always stick to the same type of material. There are different types of boxes for packaging out there that can be suitable for your product. However, we also invite you to carefully analyze the benefits of each material used for this purpose. Currently, cardboard and kraft are the most popular options. You may want to start your journey with these two until you figure out which materials suit you the most.
- Colors: Each color wakes up a specific emotion in people's subconsciousness. You should put that into consideration when choosing the color of your customized boxes. However, the colors also must be connected with your brand and logo. For example, if your logo is blue, that color should be dominant on the package. If you have other plans, ensure the packaging color is matchable with the logo's color.
- Size and shape: If you truly understand what custom packaging is, then you understand how the shape and size of your boxes are important. Smaller packages will allow you to transport more products at once. Properly shaped custom product boxes will ensure better protection of the product. Plus, it will make the product more interesting.
Types of Boxes for Packaging
People now understand what custom packaging is, which benefits they will get, and how to customize packages. However, there is one thing that we also need to talk about. Entrepreneurs must understand there are different types of boxes for packaging. You can easily customize each one and reach the goals we talked about. The most popular types of boxes are:
- Corrugated boxes: Corrugated boxes are an ideal option for heavy items. With these boxes, you will ensure high protection for the products. Their structure is strong, and they are pretty durable.
- Shipper and mailer boxes: These boxes are practical because they do not require any additional packaging. Custom mailer boxes and shipper boxes have a structure and shape that allow entrepreneurs to ship products directly in the mail. That reduces packaging production costs, allowing you to offer better prices.
- Rigid boxes: Just like corrugated boxes, rigid boxes are usually used by brands that work with heavy products. Most brands in the fashion industry are using them, but they are also suitable for other business fields. They are also sustainable because buyers often use them to store other things in them. We can say the same thing for corrugated boxes.
- Folding paperboard boxes: Flexibility is the main benefit of this type of packaging box. People will easily re-shape them and make their products eye-catching. Also, entrepreneurs can use different design and printing techniques to customize them.
Hire Packaging Experts for The Best Results
The first step to getting familiar with packaging customization is to understand what custom packaging is. Yet, we understand that many entrepreneurs across the USA do not plan to customize the boxes alone. Even if they do, the results may not be as they imagine because branding and packaging are not their expertise. That's why Arka can be the best possible solution for you!
Arka is a packaging and branding expert team that understands every industry's custom packaging trends. We offer different types of boxes for packaging customization, from custom lip gloss boxes to custom shoe boxes. All your ideas will turn into reality thanks to our expertise and equipment.
All the materials we use are eco-friendly. Working with us will benefit the entire planet Earth and future generations. Yet, it will also improve your reputation and ensure you follow the latest sustainability trends. If you can't find the best design solutions, contact us, and we will be happy to share some guidelines with you.
In this packaging 101 guide, many answers have been answered. You got answers on "what is custom packaging" and "what benefits can I get." Customizing your boxes will help you split from the mass of other businesses selling the same products as you.
The effect of packaging on consumer behavior is massive: with top-quality packaging, you will grab the attention of potential customers, boost the value of your products, and improve your brand identity. Plus, with eco-friendly products, you will improve your reputation and do some lovely things for the environment. Start a new sustainable journey today!