Nowadays, you can sell almost anything online. This had made the whole e-commerce scene more challenging. And to navigate through this, one must find a niche-specific market. A lot of e-commerce companies started as a niche one, include the giant Amazon. By choosing a niche, you select your target audience and product clearly, which will help you in attaining success and increase your E-commerce income.
Why Niche is Important?
A lot of people are afraid to try niche marketing because of the fear of losing some potential customers. But that's not true. Your niche might solve a problem your customers are facing, enabling them to decide quickly, and buy from you. It also makes it easier for you to explain what you are doing and what you plan to do in the future. And most importantly, your site or product will show up in the search engine better with correct keywords.
How To Pick The Correct Niche?
This is a tough question for one anyone to answer because nobody knows your product or business as you do. Here are a few basic things that will help you come with a niche.
- Sell What You Love and Believe In: This is very simple but lays the foundation. If you sell something you love, you will never be bored or run out of ideas. Being in the e-commerce business (or any business) can require a grueling amount of resources and energy. When your motivation is at an all-time low, this can help you remember why you started this in the first place. Brainstorm and come up with a list of things you really like or believe in.
- Solve a Problem: If you do your research, it can get a little overwhelming to see there are so many products already out there. But, if you watch them closely like reading products/reviews, reading about product performance in forums like Quora, or having a conversation with a friend, you might find a loophole, which you can solve/utilize. For example, you can give a subscription model to deliver something on a timely basis for their day-to-day needs. People are also always looking for perks such as shipping rates, feedback forms, and different payment channels.
- Research If Your Passionate Ideas is Sustainable: Once people fixate on the idea, they do not often revisit them. But it is important to analyze them as it can identify weakness or strength before it is too late. Evaluation should have about potential customers, competition, profits, etc. You should also analyze if it is simply a trend or has the potential to grow.
- Ask Yourself the Hard Questions: E-commerce businesses fail because of poor planning and not using social media tools. Before you work on everything to launch it, ask yourself some serious questions. It can be anything from which platform you will host your store, which shipping carriers to use, outsourcing or self-manufacturing, hiring employees immediately or shortly, to tackling customer service. Make a list of questions you come up with, brainstorm with people, and keep adding to it to be absolutely sure.
- Conduct a Keyword Search: Although motivation sounds excellent on paper, it is the data that will back you up with facts. There are many sites out there, where you enter a word or phrase to see the search volume in Google. You can search for the specific thing you are working on, and it will lead you to your competitor site as well. These keywords can be used for the future in developing a content strategy, website updates, etc.
- Make Friends with Google Trends: Chasing a trending product might not be a good idea. Always checking for trending sub-niche. The product might be replaced, but the demand for the niche might not. You can compare the search volume over the years or even minutes. You can also check which region has the most searches and it helps you analyze globally. You can also search for related topics to see which keeps the customers inquisitive.
- Consider Buying an Existing Business: Instead of starting everything from scratch, you can buy an existing one. This is an unconventional idea, but you can take something which had already established and grow it multifold.
We at Arka started out this business with a lot of passion and niche in mind – to solve the custom packaging hurdles by being gentle on the environment.
We don’t see the size of the order and everything from big to small is taken care of personally because effect of packaging on consumer behavior is very strong. We love to stay local and all our product materials are sourced locally which makes it sustainable as well. We offer custom packaging options for any niche, whether you have a cosmetic brand and need custom cosmetic boxes or you sell shoes and you need eye-catching custom shoe boxes to impress your customers, we can help!
If you have been wanting to start something on your own, there’s no better time than now.